Monday, June 7, 2010

Kids are out of school

Today was the first day the kids are out of school for the summer. I can already tell it is going to be a long week. I told my 7 year old that he needs to be dressed by 10am and he just can't understand why I made such a dumb rule. I personally can't stand having the kids sit in front of a TV all day long so I tell them to go outside and play around 11am. It was a beautiful day and I was just heading out to do some yard work. Finally after about 30 minutes of them sitting on the deck looking bored, I told them that if I have to entertain them all summer I will start the day with a list of chores to complete. Jeez, these kids were so excited for summer break but when it arrives they have no idea what to do.
Hopefully tomorrow they will have it figured out.