Thursday, November 12, 2009

Do you know about ASUSU?

When I started to attend the Tooele Regional Campus I just attended classes not thinking much about how Utah State University was organized until I got involved in the student government here at the Tooele Campus. Once I became a student representative I would hear ASUSU and had no clue what ASUSU really was. What is ASUSU and why is it important to the Tooele Campus? Well I later found out that ASUSU stood for Associated Students of Utah State University. ASUSU is important to Tooele because it is a group of students that are the link or connection to those in authority of the University. In other words if there are huge problems or changes that are needed to be made they are brought to the attention of ASUSU to be resolved. The ASUSU is a great board that helps keep USU in check. I am glad I had the opportunity to learn of ASUSU so if there big enough concerns I can contact someone on the board to bring up the concerns of our students here at Tooele. I have been crossing my fingers and hoping one day that there will be a person that sits on ASUSU that represents all Regional/Extension Campuses. If any you have concerns let me know and we can at least start there. :)